Artel Scaffolding Limited regards the occupational Health, Safety and Welfare of its employees, and those who may be affected by its activities, of prime importance. The minimising of risk to people, property and environment is inseparable from all other company objectives and a management responsibility of equal importance to production, profit and quality. The company’s aim is to comply with Health & Safety legislation, and wherever possible to attain higher standards through the adoption of best practice. The Directors are fully committed to achieving this through a programme of continuous improvement, positively promoting a proactive approach to accident and ill-health prevention.
The HSEQ Director has overall responsibility for the formulation and review of the Health & Safety policy. Prime responsibility for accident and ill-health prevention lies with all management.
Effective control of Health & Safety will be achieved through cooperative effort throughout the organisation. Artel Scaffolding Limited will seek cooperation from the workforce through joint consultation to help promote Health & Safety and establish and maintain a positive Health & Safety culture. The Company will put in place and maintain systems in order to achieve its aims to:
- Comply with all relevant legislation, codes of practice and Company Health & Safety Policy, as a minimum, and where reasonably practicable improve on the performance standards they specify.
- Make available appropriate resources to implement the policy.
- Provide a place of work that is safe and without risk to the health, safety and welfare of all its employees, independent contractors and general public, so far as it is reasonably practicable.
- To promote a place of work that is safe and with controlled risk for young workers
- To prevent accidents and causes of work related ill health.
- Provide appropriate training to meet individual responsibilities and needs.
- Seek to continually improve its safety, health and welfare performance.
- To provide and maintain safe vehicles, plant and equipment.
- To ensure safe handling and use of substances.
- Monitor the performance of activities against this safety policy and supporting procedures.
- Make Health & Safety an integral part of the management of this company.
- Involve and consult with employees and, where appropriate, their representatives.
- Sustain and develop this policy by the implementation of a safety management system.
- Regularly review this policy and institute improvements where possible.
- Bring this policy to the attention of all employees
This statement is supported by policies and procedures detailing specific responsibilities, organisational arrangements and outlining future strategy.
Reviewed 7 January 20120, next review date as requested but no later than 7 January 2021.